Early PS4 users reporting hardware issues, Sony is investigating
Sony is carrying out an investigation into early reports of hardware issues with the PS4.
A handful of competition winners and US games journalists are reporting some serious hardware faults involving the PS4's HDMI interface.
A Reddit user who goes by the name of 'aragon' won a PS4 in a competition explained the issue, "When I turn on my console it just sits there pulsing blue. As far as I can tell it is supposed to turn white but it isn't doing that. There is no signal on my tv either. I talked to at least 5 tech support people on the phone and 1 on-line. All of them but two outright refused to help me saying that the console is not yet released and they can't help me. Two of the tech tried to help me boot it up into safe mode and that failed. At that point they both told me to call back Friday."
Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida commented on the issue on Twitter saying, "Be assured we are investigating reported PS4 issues. The number is very small compared to shipped, we believe they are isolated incidents."
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat