DS games outsell PSP 8-to-1
Sales data highlights the growing disparity between Nintendo DS and PSP, providing further evidence of Sony's handheld in rapid decline.
As if more evidence was need for sad state of Sony's portable, Gamasutra has analysed sales data for the US during March and finds that DS games accounted for 89% of sales compared to only 11% of money raked in by PSP.
What's not mentioned, however, is where iPhone and iPod touch fit into the picture. DS clearly outsells PSP, but how does it fare in relation to an increasingly popular set of Apple devices?
New handsets from all three companies--Nintendo, Sony, and Apple--are expected to be revealed this summer, reigniting competition for a second round.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO