DS games outsell PSP 8-to-1
Sales data highlights the growing disparity between Nintendo DS and PSP, providing further evidence of Sony's handheld in rapid decline.
As if more evidence was need for sad state of Sony's portable, Gamasutra has analysed sales data for the US during March and finds that DS games accounted for 89% of sales compared to only 11% of money raked in by PSP.
What's not mentioned, however, is where iPhone and iPod touch fit into the picture. DS clearly outsells PSP, but how does it fare in relation to an increasingly popular set of Apple devices?
New handsets from all three companies--Nintendo, Sony, and Apple--are expected to be revealed this summer, reigniting competition for a second round.
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed