DS games outsell PSP 8-to-1
Sales data highlights the growing disparity between Nintendo DS and PSP, providing further evidence of Sony's handheld in rapid decline.
As if more evidence was need for sad state of Sony's portable, Gamasutra has analysed sales data for the US during March and finds that DS games accounted for 89% of sales compared to only 11% of money raked in by PSP.
What's not mentioned, however, is where iPhone and iPod touch fit into the picture. DS clearly outsells PSP, but how does it fare in relation to an increasingly popular set of Apple devices?
New handsets from all three companies--Nintendo, Sony, and Apple--are expected to be revealed this summer, reigniting competition for a second round.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer