DS games outsell PSP 8-to-1
Sales data highlights the growing disparity between Nintendo DS and PSP, providing further evidence of Sony's handheld in rapid decline.
As if more evidence was need for sad state of Sony's portable, Gamasutra has analysed sales data for the US during March and finds that DS games accounted for 89% of sales compared to only 11% of money raked in by PSP.
What's not mentioned, however, is where iPhone and iPod touch fit into the picture. DS clearly outsells PSP, but how does it fare in relation to an increasingly popular set of Apple devices?
New handsets from all three companies--Nintendo, Sony, and Apple--are expected to be revealed this summer, reigniting competition for a second round.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today