Sonic 2 available for iPhone
Classic Sega platformer comes to iPhone and iPod touch by way of the same emulation software used for the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
Despite complaints regarding the first game's virtual control scheme and performance issues on older handsets, Sega has released Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in much the same fashion. Early reviews highlight many of the same problems with this second release.
Sega isn't making much noise about the game's release, which bears a somewhat high price tag considering its age. 3.49 GBP/5.99 USD is fairly steep for a game originally released 18 years ago.
Sonic 2 had been slated for release as an in-app download within a Sega Genesis emulator, but that plan was scrapped for this standalone release instead.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3