Sonic 2 available for iPhone
Classic Sega platformer comes to iPhone and iPod touch by way of the same emulation software used for the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
Despite complaints regarding the first game's virtual control scheme and performance issues on older handsets, Sega has released Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in much the same fashion. Early reviews highlight many of the same problems with this second release.
Sega isn't making much noise about the game's release, which bears a somewhat high price tag considering its age. 3.49 GBP/5.99 USD is fairly steep for a game originally released 18 years ago.
Sonic 2 had been slated for release as an in-app download within a Sega Genesis emulator, but that plan was scrapped for this standalone release instead.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III