Sonic 2 available for iPhone
Classic Sega platformer comes to iPhone and iPod touch by way of the same emulation software used for the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
Despite complaints regarding the first game's virtual control scheme and performance issues on older handsets, Sega has released Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in much the same fashion. Early reviews highlight many of the same problems with this second release.
Sega isn't making much noise about the game's release, which bears a somewhat high price tag considering its age. 3.49 GBP/5.99 USD is fairly steep for a game originally released 18 years ago.
Sonic 2 had been slated for release as an in-app download within a Sega Genesis emulator, but that plan was scrapped for this standalone release instead.
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced