Sonic 2 available for iPhone
Classic Sega platformer comes to iPhone and iPod touch by way of the same emulation software used for the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
Despite complaints regarding the first game's virtual control scheme and performance issues on older handsets, Sega has released Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in much the same fashion. Early reviews highlight many of the same problems with this second release.
Sega isn't making much noise about the game's release, which bears a somewhat high price tag considering its age. 3.49 GBP/5.99 USD is fairly steep for a game originally released 18 years ago.
Sonic 2 had been slated for release as an in-app download within a Sega Genesis emulator, but that plan was scrapped for this standalone release instead.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine