Sonic 2 available for iPhone
Classic Sega platformer comes to iPhone and iPod touch by way of the same emulation software used for the release of the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
Despite complaints regarding the first game's virtual control scheme and performance issues on older handsets, Sega has released Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in much the same fashion. Early reviews highlight many of the same problems with this second release.
Sega isn't making much noise about the game's release, which bears a somewhat high price tag considering its age. 3.49 GBP/5.99 USD is fairly steep for a game originally released 18 years ago.
Sonic 2 had been slated for release as an in-app download within a Sega Genesis emulator, but that plan was scrapped for this standalone release instead.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3