Final Fantasy PS3 beats Xbox 360
More copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 than rival console Xbox 360, putting the game's total haul in the US for the month of March at 1.4 million copies.
Sales data from NPD Group shows that the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version by a factor of 2-to-1. 828,000 copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 compared with 493,000 for Xbox 360.
The franchise's long history with the PlayStation brand may have played a larger role in cementing this lead over Xbox 360. Additionally, the superiority of the PS3 version's presentation could have prompted more sales than for Xbox 360.
Whatever the reasons behind the difference, it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII is a huge success on both consoles.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year