Final Fantasy PS3 beats Xbox 360
More copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 than rival console Xbox 360, putting the game's total haul in the US for the month of March at 1.4 million copies.
Sales data from NPD Group shows that the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version by a factor of 2-to-1. 828,000 copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 compared with 493,000 for Xbox 360.
The franchise's long history with the PlayStation brand may have played a larger role in cementing this lead over Xbox 360. Additionally, the superiority of the PS3 version's presentation could have prompted more sales than for Xbox 360.
Whatever the reasons behind the difference, it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII is a huge success on both consoles.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto