Final Fantasy PS3 beats Xbox 360
More copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 than rival console Xbox 360, putting the game's total haul in the US for the month of March at 1.4 million copies.
Sales data from NPD Group shows that the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version by a factor of 2-to-1. 828,000 copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 compared with 493,000 for Xbox 360.
The franchise's long history with the PlayStation brand may have played a larger role in cementing this lead over Xbox 360. Additionally, the superiority of the PS3 version's presentation could have prompted more sales than for Xbox 360.
Whatever the reasons behind the difference, it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII is a huge success on both consoles.
- Deep Silver to publish Kenji Inafune's Mighty No. 9, heading for a September release
- D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is coming to PC
- Konami voluntarily delists itself from the New York Stock Exchange
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch