Final Fantasy PS3 beats Xbox 360
More copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 than rival console Xbox 360, putting the game's total haul in the US for the month of March at 1.4 million copies.
Sales data from NPD Group shows that the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version by a factor of 2-to-1. 828,000 copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 compared with 493,000 for Xbox 360.
The franchise's long history with the PlayStation brand may have played a larger role in cementing this lead over Xbox 360. Additionally, the superiority of the PS3 version's presentation could have prompted more sales than for Xbox 360.
Whatever the reasons behind the difference, it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII is a huge success on both consoles.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015