Final Fantasy PS3 beats Xbox 360
More copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 than rival console Xbox 360, putting the game's total haul in the US for the month of March at 1.4 million copies.
Sales data from NPD Group shows that the PS3 version outsold the Xbox 360 version by a factor of 2-to-1. 828,000 copies of Final Fantasy XIII have been sold for PS3 compared with 493,000 for Xbox 360.
The franchise's long history with the PlayStation brand may have played a larger role in cementing this lead over Xbox 360. Additionally, the superiority of the PS3 version's presentation could have prompted more sales than for Xbox 360.
Whatever the reasons behind the difference, it's clear that Final Fantasy XIII is a huge success on both consoles.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3