Marvel vs. Capcom 3 rumour rumble
With Super Street Fighter IV set to be the last in the series for awhile, rumour has it that Capcom is turning its sights to a different fighting franchise for release later this year.
PlanetXbox360 claims that Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is being developed for a release later this year or perhaps early 2011. The anonymous source tells the website that the game was announced during a press event last week.
The fighting will stick to 2D, though much in the same fashion as Street Fighter IV with stylised 3D visuals and 2D gameplay. The character roster is supposedly gigantic and will include Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, and Storm among others.
If true, which seems highly likely, expect an official announcement shortly followed by a showing during E3 in June.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer