Ubisoft unsure over Splinter Cell on PS3
Speaking with UK blog VG247, Ubisoft's Maxime Beland has refused to be drawn on whether the big-selling Splinter Cell: Conviction will eventually make it to the PS3 console.
So far, Ubisoft have only discussed Xbox 360 and PC versions of the stealth action title, but rumours refuse to abate suggesting that other formats could be in for some Sam Fisher-shaped action.
"We'll have to see what decisions are made by Ubisoft's management in the future. The decision for Conviction was purely a business move. Microsoft have been wonderful in their support for Conviction. It's been an absolute pleasure working with them on Splinter Cell Conviction," beams Beland.
The word on the street? That a PS3 version is definitely in the works behind closed doors.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer