Big sales for God of War III
With the latest NPD results for March now out, we learn that God of War III was one of the month's big winners - amassing over 1.1 million sales during the month.
The PS3 exclusive, the third in a planned trilogy, is one of the highest scoring games of the year so-far, and NPD note that the title has sold 32 percent more than God of War II during its launch period.
God of War II sold a total of 3.58 million units, and it is expected that number three will close the gap sooner rather than later.
While overall the US games industry has declined some 7 percent as a result of the worldwide recession, March sales were up 6 percent at 1.52 billion USD - offering some hope that recovery is well underway.
More as we get it.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today