Big sales for God of War III
With the latest NPD results for March now out, we learn that God of War III was one of the month's big winners - amassing over 1.1 million sales during the month.
The PS3 exclusive, the third in a planned trilogy, is one of the highest scoring games of the year so-far, and NPD note that the title has sold 32 percent more than God of War II during its launch period.
God of War II sold a total of 3.58 million units, and it is expected that number three will close the gap sooner rather than later.
While overall the US games industry has declined some 7 percent as a result of the worldwide recession, March sales were up 6 percent at 1.52 billion USD - offering some hope that recovery is well underway.
More as we get it.
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight