Big sales for God of War III
With the latest NPD results for March now out, we learn that God of War III was one of the month's big winners - amassing over 1.1 million sales during the month.
The PS3 exclusive, the third in a planned trilogy, is one of the highest scoring games of the year so-far, and NPD note that the title has sold 32 percent more than God of War II during its launch period.
God of War II sold a total of 3.58 million units, and it is expected that number three will close the gap sooner rather than later.
While overall the US games industry has declined some 7 percent as a result of the worldwide recession, March sales were up 6 percent at 1.52 billion USD - offering some hope that recovery is well underway.
More as we get it.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May