Big sales for God of War III
With the latest NPD results for March now out, we learn that God of War III was one of the month's big winners - amassing over 1.1 million sales during the month.
The PS3 exclusive, the third in a planned trilogy, is one of the highest scoring games of the year so-far, and NPD note that the title has sold 32 percent more than God of War II during its launch period.
God of War II sold a total of 3.58 million units, and it is expected that number three will close the gap sooner rather than later.
While overall the US games industry has declined some 7 percent as a result of the worldwide recession, March sales were up 6 percent at 1.52 billion USD - offering some hope that recovery is well underway.
More as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3