Big sales for God of War III
With the latest NPD results for March now out, we learn that God of War III was one of the month's big winners - amassing over 1.1 million sales during the month.
The PS3 exclusive, the third in a planned trilogy, is one of the highest scoring games of the year so-far, and NPD note that the title has sold 32 percent more than God of War II during its launch period.
God of War II sold a total of 3.58 million units, and it is expected that number three will close the gap sooner rather than later.
While overall the US games industry has declined some 7 percent as a result of the worldwide recession, March sales were up 6 percent at 1.52 billion USD - offering some hope that recovery is well underway.
More as we get it.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell