Nintendo DS takes March NPD crown
With the week drawing to a close the latest NPD results have been unleashed, the Nintendo DS once again leading the charge with March sales in excess of 700,000 units.
Second on the US total was the Nintendo Wii with nearly 560,000 sales, followed by the Xbox 360 with just shy of 340,000 sales.
Then there's the PS3 with 313,000, followed by the PSP - some way off the pace on just under 120,000.
The PS2 is just a whisker away on 118,000.
Nintendo are perhaps inevitably 'pleased', Cammie Dunaway offering: "Demand for Nintendo fun continues unabated. We're glad so many people are able to get their hands on our systems as we prepare for the May launches of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii and Picross 3D for our Nintendo DS systems."
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing