Nintendo DS takes March NPD crown
With the week drawing to a close the latest NPD results have been unleashed, the Nintendo DS once again leading the charge with March sales in excess of 700,000 units.
Second on the US total was the Nintendo Wii with nearly 560,000 sales, followed by the Xbox 360 with just shy of 340,000 sales.
Then there's the PS3 with 313,000, followed by the PSP - some way off the pace on just under 120,000.
The PS2 is just a whisker away on 118,000.
Nintendo are perhaps inevitably 'pleased', Cammie Dunaway offering: "Demand for Nintendo fun continues unabated. We're glad so many people are able to get their hands on our systems as we prepare for the May launches of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for Wii and Picross 3D for our Nintendo DS systems."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date