PS3 3D update not supporting 3D Blu-rays
In a strange move, Sony's big 3D update for the PS3, due later this summer, will not add support for 3D Blu-ray movies.
The update will prepare the PS3 for the arrival of 3D games (although Avatar is already a 3D title) which will launch with Sony's new range of Bravia 3D HD TVs.
The first four titles that will support 3D are Wipeout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust HD. Incidentally, all of these titles will be bundled for free with the new Bravia 3D HD TVs.
support for 3D Blu-ray movies is coming, but will feature in an different update towards the end of the year.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update