PS3 3D update not supporting 3D Blu-rays
In a strange move, Sony's big 3D update for the PS3, due later this summer, will not add support for 3D Blu-ray movies.
The update will prepare the PS3 for the arrival of 3D games (although Avatar is already a 3D title) which will launch with Sony's new range of Bravia 3D HD TVs.
The first four titles that will support 3D are Wipeout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust HD. Incidentally, all of these titles will be bundled for free with the new Bravia 3D HD TVs.
support for 3D Blu-ray movies is coming, but will feature in an different update towards the end of the year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3