PS3 3D update not supporting 3D Blu-rays
In a strange move, Sony's big 3D update for the PS3, due later this summer, will not add support for 3D Blu-ray movies.
The update will prepare the PS3 for the arrival of 3D games (although Avatar is already a 3D title) which will launch with Sony's new range of Bravia 3D HD TVs.
The first four titles that will support 3D are Wipeout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust HD. Incidentally, all of these titles will be bundled for free with the new Bravia 3D HD TVs.
support for 3D Blu-ray movies is coming, but will feature in an different update towards the end of the year.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan