PS3 3D update not supporting 3D Blu-rays
In a strange move, Sony's big 3D update for the PS3, due later this summer, will not add support for 3D Blu-ray movies.
The update will prepare the PS3 for the arrival of 3D games (although Avatar is already a 3D title) which will launch with Sony's new range of Bravia 3D HD TVs.
The first four titles that will support 3D are Wipeout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust HD. Incidentally, all of these titles will be bundled for free with the new Bravia 3D HD TVs.
support for 3D Blu-ray movies is coming, but will feature in an different update towards the end of the year.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May