PS3 3D update not supporting 3D Blu-rays
In a strange move, Sony's big 3D update for the PS3, due later this summer, will not add support for 3D Blu-ray movies.
The update will prepare the PS3 for the arrival of 3D games (although Avatar is already a 3D title) which will launch with Sony's new range of Bravia 3D HD TVs.
The first four titles that will support 3D are Wipeout HD, MotorStorm Pacific Rift, PAIN and Super Stardust HD. Incidentally, all of these titles will be bundled for free with the new Bravia 3D HD TVs.
support for 3D Blu-ray movies is coming, but will feature in an different update towards the end of the year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer