Jagex publishes second iPhone title
Jagex, the company that has built their reputation on free-to-play browser-based games has dipped their toe into publishing waters for the second time.
Star Cannon is the second game that Jagex has produced sans-browser after their first iPhone game, Bouncedown, scored over 4 million downloads.
The new shooter hits the App Store at just 59 pence (or 90 cents US) for a limited time.
Jagex COO, Rob Smith said: "At Jagex we are always looking for new ways to offer our games to the widest possible audience and Star Cannon is the first of a handful of titles we will release this year for the iPhone and iPod Touch. We were incredibly happy with the great community feedback from BounceDown, our first iPhone game, we have incorporated this into Star Cannon by building on what makes the original PC version of the game so compelling and adding a host of new features and gameplay specific to the iPhone version."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO