Crysis 2 better on PS3 than Xbox
Pegged for a multi-platform release later this year, shooter Crysis 2 is shaping up nicer on PS3 than on Xbox 360 thanks to the extra processing power.
Crytek's studio development boss Carl Jones tells CVG by way of PSM3 magazine that Crysis 2 on PS3 is outperforming its Xbox 360 counterpart. While the games are identical in terms of content, the extra horsepower in PS3 is making it run better.
"We haven't found it more difficult to develop for PS3...At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."
Crysis 2 will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC this winter.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title