Crysis 2 better on PS3 than Xbox
Pegged for a multi-platform release later this year, shooter Crysis 2 is shaping up nicer on PS3 than on Xbox 360 thanks to the extra processing power.
Crytek's studio development boss Carl Jones tells CVG by way of PSM3 magazine that Crysis 2 on PS3 is outperforming its Xbox 360 counterpart. While the games are identical in terms of content, the extra horsepower in PS3 is making it run better.
"We haven't found it more difficult to develop for PS3...At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."
Crysis 2 will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC this winter.
- Hazelight to use the Unreal Engine 4 for their first game
- 343 Industries to offer Halo: ODST remastered campaign to apologise for Halo: The Master Chief Collection multiplayer problems
- Court rules that lawsuit against Sony over Killzone: Shadow Fall's 1080p claims
- Capcom using Unreal Engine 4 for Street Fighter V
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar