Crysis 2 better on PS3 than Xbox
Pegged for a multi-platform release later this year, shooter Crysis 2 is shaping up nicer on PS3 than on Xbox 360 thanks to the extra processing power.
Crytek's studio development boss Carl Jones tells CVG by way of PSM3 magazine that Crysis 2 on PS3 is outperforming its Xbox 360 counterpart. While the games are identical in terms of content, the extra horsepower in PS3 is making it run better.
"We haven't found it more difficult to develop for PS3...At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."
Crysis 2 will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, and PC this winter.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3