2K Marin handling X-COM reboot
2K Games has finally set the record straight surrounding the rumours that Irrational are working on a reboot of Microprose's tense X-COM series.
They announced that there is an X-COM title in the works but it is actually 2K Marin, the BioShock 2 developer that is handling the new title.
The real shock is that the new X-COM game is actually going to be an FPS game designed exclusively for Xbox 360.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K said: "With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise. Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter