2K Marin handling X-COM reboot
2K Games has finally set the record straight surrounding the rumours that Irrational are working on a reboot of Microprose's tense X-COM series.
They announced that there is an X-COM title in the works but it is actually 2K Marin, the BioShock 2 developer that is handling the new title.
The real shock is that the new X-COM game is actually going to be an FPS game designed exclusively for Xbox 360.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K said: "With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise. Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May