2K Marin handling X-COM reboot
2K Games has finally set the record straight surrounding the rumours that Irrational are working on a reboot of Microprose's tense X-COM series.
They announced that there is an X-COM title in the works but it is actually 2K Marin, the BioShock 2 developer that is handling the new title.
The real shock is that the new X-COM game is actually going to be an FPS game designed exclusively for Xbox 360.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K said: "With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise. Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny