2K Marin handling X-COM reboot
2K Games has finally set the record straight surrounding the rumours that Irrational are working on a reboot of Microprose's tense X-COM series.
They announced that there is an X-COM title in the works but it is actually 2K Marin, the BioShock 2 developer that is handling the new title.
The real shock is that the new X-COM game is actually going to be an FPS game designed exclusively for Xbox 360.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K said: "With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise. Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3