2K Marin handling X-COM reboot
2K Games has finally set the record straight surrounding the rumours that Irrational are working on a reboot of Microprose's tense X-COM series.
They announced that there is an X-COM title in the works but it is actually 2K Marin, the BioShock 2 developer that is handling the new title.
The real shock is that the new X-COM game is actually going to be an FPS game designed exclusively for Xbox 360.
Christoph Hartmann, president of 2K said: "With BioShock 2, the team at 2K Marin proved themselves as masters of first-person, suspenseful storytelling, and with XCOM they will re-imagine and expand the rich lore of this revered franchise. Players will explore the world of XCOM from an immersive new perspective and experience firsthand the fear and tension of this gripping narrative ride."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side