Too Human dev gets 4 million USD
After the critical and commercial fallout from Xbox 360 action-RPG Too Human, Canadian developer Silicon Knights is still hard at work on new games thanks to an injection of 4 million USD.
According to GamesIndustry.biz, the studio has received a multi-million dollar grant from the Canadian government in order to continue contributing to the local economy.
Exactly what Silicon Knights intends to do with the cash is unclear. Plans for Too Human 2 have not been mentioned since the first game's disappointing debut. A new series or work on an existing franchise for a publisher seem likely.
With E3 coming up in June, expect to hear from Silicon Knights regarding their new project soon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer