Gears of War 3 has 4-player co-op
Along with a new story, female lead characters, and a truck load of hype, Gears of War 3 will boast support for up to four player cooperative play through the single player campaign.
Meristation spoke with design director Cliff Bleszinski who confirmed that you and three buddies will be able to play through the story-driven campaign together.
"I can confirm today that we are doing 4-player co-op in the story mode. The only way to play as Dom in the campaign is to be player two. That cascades down to players three and four; so if you want to play as Cole or Baird in the campaign, the only way you can do that is by playing three or four-player co-op."
This also confirms that none of these characters die during the game since you're able to complete the campaign with all four in co-op.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3