Gears of War 3 has 4-player co-op
Along with a new story, female lead characters, and a truck load of hype, Gears of War 3 will boast support for up to four player cooperative play through the single player campaign.
Meristation spoke with design director Cliff Bleszinski who confirmed that you and three buddies will be able to play through the story-driven campaign together.
"I can confirm today that we are doing 4-player co-op in the story mode. The only way to play as Dom in the campaign is to be player two. That cascades down to players three and four; so if you want to play as Cole or Baird in the campaign, the only way you can do that is by playing three or four-player co-op."
This also confirms that none of these characters die during the game since you're able to complete the campaign with all four in co-op.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer