MS: Gears of War 3 'biggest blockbuster' of 2011
Gears of War 3's announcement may have ended up being a comedy of errors but Microsoft are expecting this instalment to be the biggest yet.
In fact Microsoft Games Studio pronounced their high hopes for Gears 3 in a press release entitled: "Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011".
Epic's CliffyB backs up Microsoft's hype: "When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad. This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."
The release also announced that the game will be accompanied by a film, graphic novels and even a book series written by best-selling author, Karen Traviss.
Microsoft are beginning their build up by releasing the game's new COG armour as an Avatar item available in Xbox Live Marketplace from April 20th.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year