MS: Gears of War 3 'biggest blockbuster' of 2011
Gears of War 3's announcement may have ended up being a comedy of errors but Microsoft are expecting this instalment to be the biggest yet.
In fact Microsoft Games Studio pronounced their high hopes for Gears 3 in a press release entitled: "Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011".
Epic's CliffyB backs up Microsoft's hype: "When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad. This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."
The release also announced that the game will be accompanied by a film, graphic novels and even a book series written by best-selling author, Karen Traviss.
Microsoft are beginning their build up by releasing the game's new COG armour as an Avatar item available in Xbox Live Marketplace from April 20th.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network