MS: Gears of War 3 'biggest blockbuster' of 2011
Gears of War 3's announcement may have ended up being a comedy of errors but Microsoft are expecting this instalment to be the biggest yet.
In fact Microsoft Games Studio pronounced their high hopes for Gears 3 in a press release entitled: "Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011".
Epic's CliffyB backs up Microsoft's hype: "When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad. This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."
The release also announced that the game will be accompanied by a film, graphic novels and even a book series written by best-selling author, Karen Traviss.
Microsoft are beginning their build up by releasing the game's new COG armour as an Avatar item available in Xbox Live Marketplace from April 20th.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday