MS: Gears of War 3 'biggest blockbuster' of 2011
Gears of War 3's announcement may have ended up being a comedy of errors but Microsoft are expecting this instalment to be the biggest yet.
In fact Microsoft Games Studio pronounced their high hopes for Gears 3 in a press release entitled: "Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011".
Epic's CliffyB backs up Microsoft's hype: "When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad. This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."
The release also announced that the game will be accompanied by a film, graphic novels and even a book series written by best-selling author, Karen Traviss.
Microsoft are beginning their build up by releasing the game's new COG armour as an Avatar item available in Xbox Live Marketplace from April 20th.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III