MS: Gears of War 3 'biggest blockbuster' of 2011
Gears of War 3's announcement may have ended up being a comedy of errors but Microsoft are expecting this instalment to be the biggest yet.
In fact Microsoft Games Studio pronounced their high hopes for Gears 3 in a press release entitled: "Gears of War 3 Ignites Anticipation as the Biggest Blockbuster Game of 2011".
Epic's CliffyB backs up Microsoft's hype: "When we released 'Gears of War' more than three years ago, we set out to tell the world an unforgettable story of bravery and sacrifice in the face of insurmountable odds, and a year from now, players will get the chance to experience the final chapter in the story of Marcus Fenix and his companions in Delta Squad. This is definitely the biggest and most dramatic chapter yet in the 'Gears of War' saga, and we can't wait to deliver it."
The release also announced that the game will be accompanied by a film, graphic novels and even a book series written by best-selling author, Karen Traviss.
Microsoft are beginning their build up by releasing the game's new COG armour as an Avatar item available in Xbox Live Marketplace from April 20th.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer