Exodus continues at Infinity Ward
The very public sacking of studio heads Vince Zampella and Jason West from Infinity Ward has precipitated an exodus of staff from the Call of Duty studio.
The latest staff members to walk are lead designer Mackey McCandish and programmer Jon Shining, both of whom have confirmed their departures.
Since Zampella and West were ejected from the studio building by Activision senior management, the total number of staff to leave has risen to six.
McCandish and Shining's announcement follow the departure of design lead Todd Aldermann and lead software engineer Francesco Gigliotti.
It remains to be seen what effect this could have on the studio's next contribution to the Call of Duty franchise.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3