No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt RED's community managers have been sharing some more details on The Witcher 3 following the release of a 35 minute gameplay walkthrough video earlier this week.
Most significantly is the revelation that the Polish devs have ditched one of the most popular features of The Witcher 2, the branching narratives. In The Witcher 2 the branching narratives allowed players to experience the story from a variety of differring perspectives depending on the choices they'd made in the game.
The Witcher 3 will feature choices and consequences but they won't influence the player's experience to the extent that they did in The Witcher 2. This choice was made to that everyone who plays The Witcher 3 can experience the full story.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hits the PC, PS4 and Xbox One world wide on February the 25th.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year