No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt RED's community managers have been sharing some more details on The Witcher 3 following the release of a 35 minute gameplay walkthrough video earlier this week.
Most significantly is the revelation that the Polish devs have ditched one of the most popular features of The Witcher 2, the branching narratives. In The Witcher 2 the branching narratives allowed players to experience the story from a variety of differring perspectives depending on the choices they'd made in the game.
The Witcher 3 will feature choices and consequences but they won't influence the player's experience to the extent that they did in The Witcher 2. This choice was made to that everyone who plays The Witcher 3 can experience the full story.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hits the PC, PS4 and Xbox One world wide on February the 25th.
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release