No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
CD Projekt RED's community managers have been sharing some more details on The Witcher 3 following the release of a 35 minute gameplay walkthrough video earlier this week.
Most significantly is the revelation that the Polish devs have ditched one of the most popular features of The Witcher 2, the branching narratives. In The Witcher 2 the branching narratives allowed players to experience the story from a variety of differring perspectives depending on the choices they'd made in the game.
The Witcher 3 will feature choices and consequences but they won't influence the player's experience to the extent that they did in The Witcher 2. This choice was made to that everyone who plays The Witcher 3 can experience the full story.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt hits the PC, PS4 and Xbox One world wide on February the 25th.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below