Play as a hostage in Ghost Recon
Among the expected list of improvements that come with any sequel, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier introduces a number of surprising new mechanics that will set it apart from other modern shooters.
While most of the game puts you in the boots of an elite operative hunting down terrorists, creative new sequences will cast you as a hostage.
According to Joystiq, the game will have you control the US president after he's taken hostage or take the role of a refinery worker following a terrorist attack.
Another remarkable new feature is the ability to link up with teammates during multiplayer matches. By joining up, one player moves the entire team; in this way, squad members are free to focus on shooting and not keeping up pace with the leader.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, PSP and DS later this year.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced