Play as a hostage in Ghost Recon
Among the expected list of improvements that come with any sequel, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier introduces a number of surprising new mechanics that will set it apart from other modern shooters.
While most of the game puts you in the boots of an elite operative hunting down terrorists, creative new sequences will cast you as a hostage.
According to Joystiq, the game will have you control the US president after he's taken hostage or take the role of a refinery worker following a terrorist attack.
Another remarkable new feature is the ability to link up with teammates during multiplayer matches. By joining up, one player moves the entire team; in this way, squad members are free to focus on shooting and not keeping up pace with the leader.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, PSP and DS later this year.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter