Play as a hostage in Ghost Recon
Among the expected list of improvements that come with any sequel, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier introduces a number of surprising new mechanics that will set it apart from other modern shooters.
While most of the game puts you in the boots of an elite operative hunting down terrorists, creative new sequences will cast you as a hostage.
According to Joystiq, the game will have you control the US president after he's taken hostage or take the role of a refinery worker following a terrorist attack.
Another remarkable new feature is the ability to link up with teammates during multiplayer matches. By joining up, one player moves the entire team; in this way, squad members are free to focus on shooting and not keeping up pace with the leader.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier will be available for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Wii, PSP and DS later this year.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year