Silicon Knights lands big cash injection
Silicon Knights, the studio headed by the most outspoken developer in Canada, Denis Dyack, has just secured a massive cash boost.
The Canadian government has contributed 4 million CAD to their latest project.
As well as keeping the production going on their latest game, rumoured to be called 'The Box', it will also create 65 new jobs at the studio.
'The Box' is believed to be due sometime in the next 2 to 5 years.
Dyack said: "In our industry, you have to be very careful never to announce anything until the right time. We can only say it's a next generation title and a high production value game. That's all we can say."
Thanks The Welland Tribune.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3