Silicon Knights lands big cash injection
Silicon Knights, the studio headed by the most outspoken developer in Canada, Denis Dyack, has just secured a massive cash boost.
The Canadian government has contributed 4 million CAD to their latest project.
As well as keeping the production going on their latest game, rumoured to be called 'The Box', it will also create 65 new jobs at the studio.
'The Box' is believed to be due sometime in the next 2 to 5 years.
Dyack said: "In our industry, you have to be very careful never to announce anything until the right time. We can only say it's a next generation title and a high production value game. That's all we can say."
Thanks The Welland Tribune.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release