Silicon Knights lands big cash injection
Silicon Knights, the studio headed by the most outspoken developer in Canada, Denis Dyack, has just secured a massive cash boost.
The Canadian government has contributed 4 million CAD to their latest project.
As well as keeping the production going on their latest game, rumoured to be called 'The Box', it will also create 65 new jobs at the studio.
'The Box' is believed to be due sometime in the next 2 to 5 years.
Dyack said: "In our industry, you have to be very careful never to announce anything until the right time. We can only say it's a next generation title and a high production value game. That's all we can say."
Thanks The Welland Tribune.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer