Silicon Knights lands big cash injection
Silicon Knights, the studio headed by the most outspoken developer in Canada, Denis Dyack, has just secured a massive cash boost.
The Canadian government has contributed 4 million CAD to their latest project.
As well as keeping the production going on their latest game, rumoured to be called 'The Box', it will also create 65 new jobs at the studio.
'The Box' is believed to be due sometime in the next 2 to 5 years.
Dyack said: "In our industry, you have to be very careful never to announce anything until the right time. We can only say it's a next generation title and a high production value game. That's all we can say."
Thanks The Welland Tribune.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date