Bulletstorm features a drunk pirate
A drunken space pirate, extraterrestrial enemies, and loads of guns - the next game from Gears of War creators Epic Games and People Can Fly puts you in the middle of a Bulletstorm.
The cover story of the latest Game Informer highlights the new game, which bears similarities to Epic Games's Gears of War franchise.
Those mutant aliens look a lot like Locust troops. Both games even cast you in the role of a convict. Protagonist Grayson Hunt wanders the galaxy as a pirate after having served as an elite soldier. Marcus Fenix kicks off Gears of War by leaving prison.
To be completely fair, the Bulletstorm cover is bathed in bright sunlight and therefore totally different from the dank, dark Gears of War. That and the supposedly over-the-top gun-slinging action should be enough to warrant interest.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer