Bulletstorm features a drunk pirate
A drunken space pirate, extraterrestrial enemies, and loads of guns - the next game from Gears of War creators Epic Games and People Can Fly puts you in the middle of a Bulletstorm.
The cover story of the latest Game Informer highlights the new game, which bears similarities to Epic Games's Gears of War franchise.
Those mutant aliens look a lot like Locust troops. Both games even cast you in the role of a convict. Protagonist Grayson Hunt wanders the galaxy as a pirate after having served as an elite soldier. Marcus Fenix kicks off Gears of War by leaving prison.
To be completely fair, the Bulletstorm cover is bathed in bright sunlight and therefore totally different from the dank, dark Gears of War. That and the supposedly over-the-top gun-slinging action should be enough to warrant interest.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3