UK games market down almost 8 percent
Games sales figures have dropped slightly on last year in the UK, according to the figures released by GFK Chart-Track.
The first quarter of this year saw one of the busiest release schedules in recent years with many publishers choosing to delay many of their biggest titles to avoid going head-to-head with Modern Warfare 2.
Even with Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2, Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII as well as Nintendo's DSi XL coming out - UK sales figures dropped from 329 million GBP in 2009 to 303 million GBP for 2010.
Games retailers are preparing themselves for a tough year with GAME in particular set tighten their belts as a result of their recent staffing review.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year