UK games market down almost 8 percent
Games sales figures have dropped slightly on last year in the UK, according to the figures released by GFK Chart-Track.
The first quarter of this year saw one of the busiest release schedules in recent years with many publishers choosing to delay many of their biggest titles to avoid going head-to-head with Modern Warfare 2.
Even with Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2, Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII as well as Nintendo's DSi XL coming out - UK sales figures dropped from 329 million GBP in 2009 to 303 million GBP for 2010.
Games retailers are preparing themselves for a tough year with GAME in particular set tighten their belts as a result of their recent staffing review.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3