UK games market down almost 8 percent
Games sales figures have dropped slightly on last year in the UK, according to the figures released by GFK Chart-Track.
The first quarter of this year saw one of the busiest release schedules in recent years with many publishers choosing to delay many of their biggest titles to avoid going head-to-head with Modern Warfare 2.
Even with Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2, Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII as well as Nintendo's DSi XL coming out - UK sales figures dropped from 329 million GBP in 2009 to 303 million GBP for 2010.
Games retailers are preparing themselves for a tough year with GAME in particular set tighten their belts as a result of their recent staffing review.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release