UK games market down almost 8 percent
Games sales figures have dropped slightly on last year in the UK, according to the figures released by GFK Chart-Track.
The first quarter of this year saw one of the busiest release schedules in recent years with many publishers choosing to delay many of their biggest titles to avoid going head-to-head with Modern Warfare 2.
Even with Bayonetta, Mass Effect 2, BioShock 2, Heavy Rain and Final Fantasy XIII as well as Nintendo's DSi XL coming out - UK sales figures dropped from 329 million GBP in 2009 to 303 million GBP for 2010.
Games retailers are preparing themselves for a tough year with GAME in particular set tighten their belts as a result of their recent staffing review.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update