Acclaimed sci-fi writer working on Crysis 2
EA and Crytek have announced that they have brought in top sci-fi author, Richard Morgan, to write the storyline for Crysis 2.
The writer, who penned best-sellers Altered Carbon and Broken Angels, has been drafted in to bring his 'visceral' style of writing to Crysis 2.
Morgan said: Video games are one of the only things in my life I would qualify as a complete addiction. The medium has every bit the potential for exciting and emotionally charged storytelling as literature and film, and Im excited to explore this format on my first project in partnership with a world class developer like Crytek.
Morgan also told CVG recently of his disappointment in playing Modern Warfare 2: "I thought Modern Warfare 2 was an immense disappointment. It was a massive stepdown from CoD4. What I thought when I played it was, 'Jesus guys, what have you been doing? You've not ramped anything up. The story is worse and the game doesn't really hang together, it's just a bunch of mission levels.'"
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date