Acclaimed sci-fi writer working on Crysis 2
EA and Crytek have announced that they have brought in top sci-fi author, Richard Morgan, to write the storyline for Crysis 2.
The writer, who penned best-sellers Altered Carbon and Broken Angels, has been drafted in to bring his 'visceral' style of writing to Crysis 2.
Morgan said: Video games are one of the only things in my life I would qualify as a complete addiction. The medium has every bit the potential for exciting and emotionally charged storytelling as literature and film, and Im excited to explore this format on my first project in partnership with a world class developer like Crytek.
Morgan also told CVG recently of his disappointment in playing Modern Warfare 2: "I thought Modern Warfare 2 was an immense disappointment. It was a massive stepdown from CoD4. What I thought when I played it was, 'Jesus guys, what have you been doing? You've not ramped anything up. The story is worse and the game doesn't really hang together, it's just a bunch of mission levels.'"
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III