Acclaimed sci-fi writer working on Crysis 2
EA and Crytek have announced that they have brought in top sci-fi author, Richard Morgan, to write the storyline for Crysis 2.
The writer, who penned best-sellers Altered Carbon and Broken Angels, has been drafted in to bring his 'visceral' style of writing to Crysis 2.
Morgan said: Video games are one of the only things in my life I would qualify as a complete addiction. The medium has every bit the potential for exciting and emotionally charged storytelling as literature and film, and Im excited to explore this format on my first project in partnership with a world class developer like Crytek.
Morgan also told CVG recently of his disappointment in playing Modern Warfare 2: "I thought Modern Warfare 2 was an immense disappointment. It was a massive stepdown from CoD4. What I thought when I played it was, 'Jesus guys, what have you been doing? You've not ramped anything up. The story is worse and the game doesn't really hang together, it's just a bunch of mission levels.'"
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF
- Trading gold for subscriptions coming soon to World Of Warcraft
- Unity 5 arrives completely free
- Mad Max gets slated for a September release
- Console ports of Gone Home have been shelved by Fullbright
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain release date leaked, getting an autumn release