Acclaimed sci-fi writer working on Crysis 2
EA and Crytek have announced that they have brought in top sci-fi author, Richard Morgan, to write the storyline for Crysis 2.
The writer, who penned best-sellers Altered Carbon and Broken Angels, has been drafted in to bring his 'visceral' style of writing to Crysis 2.
Morgan said: Video games are one of the only things in my life I would qualify as a complete addiction. The medium has every bit the potential for exciting and emotionally charged storytelling as literature and film, and Im excited to explore this format on my first project in partnership with a world class developer like Crytek.
Morgan also told CVG recently of his disappointment in playing Modern Warfare 2: "I thought Modern Warfare 2 was an immense disappointment. It was a massive stepdown from CoD4. What I thought when I played it was, 'Jesus guys, what have you been doing? You've not ramped anything up. The story is worse and the game doesn't really hang together, it's just a bunch of mission levels.'"
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week