MW2 Stimulus Pack sales record
Despite major problems on the day of its digital launch, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has become the fastest-selling Xbox Live expansion pack with a staggering 1 million copies downloaded in the first 24 hours.
Even more impressive, publisher Activision notes, are the 2.5 million copies that have been downloaded in the map pack's first week of availability. That's only a small chunk of the 14 million people who have purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 since its November release.
That figure, of course, doesn't account for any sales on PS3, where the Stimulus Pack is won't go on sale until April 30.
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is available now for download on Xbox 360 at a price of 1200 Microsoft Points.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes