MW2 Stimulus Pack sales record
Despite major problems on the day of its digital launch, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has become the fastest-selling Xbox Live expansion pack with a staggering 1 million copies downloaded in the first 24 hours.
Even more impressive, publisher Activision notes, are the 2.5 million copies that have been downloaded in the map pack's first week of availability. That's only a small chunk of the 14 million people who have purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 since its November release.
That figure, of course, doesn't account for any sales on PS3, where the Stimulus Pack is won't go on sale until April 30.
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is available now for download on Xbox 360 at a price of 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone