MW2 Stimulus Pack sales record
Despite major problems on the day of its digital launch, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has become the fastest-selling Xbox Live expansion pack with a staggering 1 million copies downloaded in the first 24 hours.
Even more impressive, publisher Activision notes, are the 2.5 million copies that have been downloaded in the map pack's first week of availability. That's only a small chunk of the 14 million people who have purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 since its November release.
That figure, of course, doesn't account for any sales on PS3, where the Stimulus Pack is won't go on sale until April 30.
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is available now for download on Xbox 360 at a price of 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive