MW2 Stimulus Pack sales record
Despite major problems on the day of its digital launch, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has become the fastest-selling Xbox Live expansion pack with a staggering 1 million copies downloaded in the first 24 hours.
Even more impressive, publisher Activision notes, are the 2.5 million copies that have been downloaded in the map pack's first week of availability. That's only a small chunk of the 14 million people who have purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 since its November release.
That figure, of course, doesn't account for any sales on PS3, where the Stimulus Pack is won't go on sale until April 30.
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is available now for download on Xbox 360 at a price of 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer