MW2 Stimulus Pack sales record
Despite major problems on the day of its digital launch, the Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package has become the fastest-selling Xbox Live expansion pack with a staggering 1 million copies downloaded in the first 24 hours.
Even more impressive, publisher Activision notes, are the 2.5 million copies that have been downloaded in the map pack's first week of availability. That's only a small chunk of the 14 million people who have purchased a copy of Modern Warfare 2 since its November release.
That figure, of course, doesn't account for any sales on PS3, where the Stimulus Pack is won't go on sale until April 30.
Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package is available now for download on Xbox 360 at a price of 1200 Microsoft Points.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3