Metal Gear Solid tie-ins excessive
Initially clever, the number of cross-promotional tie-ins within Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has grown too high for it to be anything more than a trite example of poor in-game advertising.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the PSP game to watch this year and Konami knows it. That's why the Japanese publisher has been promoting it heavily, even leveraging it for tie-ins with other popular games and other consumer products.
The game has crossed a line, however, with too many of these clever tie-ins. Cans of Mountain Dew and bags of Doritos can be used to heal Snake, while magazines Famitsu and Jump can be viewed for fun. You even have the option of wearing a t-shirt with the Axe body wash logo on it.
It's way too much marketing for Metal Gear and Konami needs to take a step back to think about its heavy-handed approach.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release