Metal Gear Solid tie-ins excessive
Initially clever, the number of cross-promotional tie-ins within Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has grown too high for it to be anything more than a trite example of poor in-game advertising.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the PSP game to watch this year and Konami knows it. That's why the Japanese publisher has been promoting it heavily, even leveraging it for tie-ins with other popular games and other consumer products.
The game has crossed a line, however, with too many of these clever tie-ins. Cans of Mountain Dew and bags of Doritos can be used to heal Snake, while magazines Famitsu and Jump can be viewed for fun. You even have the option of wearing a t-shirt with the Axe body wash logo on it.
It's way too much marketing for Metal Gear and Konami needs to take a step back to think about its heavy-handed approach.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO