Metal Gear Solid tie-ins excessive
Initially clever, the number of cross-promotional tie-ins within Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has grown too high for it to be anything more than a trite example of poor in-game advertising.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the PSP game to watch this year and Konami knows it. That's why the Japanese publisher has been promoting it heavily, even leveraging it for tie-ins with other popular games and other consumer products.
The game has crossed a line, however, with too many of these clever tie-ins. Cans of Mountain Dew and bags of Doritos can be used to heal Snake, while magazines Famitsu and Jump can be viewed for fun. You even have the option of wearing a t-shirt with the Axe body wash logo on it.
It's way too much marketing for Metal Gear and Konami needs to take a step back to think about its heavy-handed approach.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May