Metal Gear Solid tie-ins excessive
Initially clever, the number of cross-promotional tie-ins within Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker has grown too high for it to be anything more than a trite example of poor in-game advertising.
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker is the PSP game to watch this year and Konami knows it. That's why the Japanese publisher has been promoting it heavily, even leveraging it for tie-ins with other popular games and other consumer products.
The game has crossed a line, however, with too many of these clever tie-ins. Cans of Mountain Dew and bags of Doritos can be used to heal Snake, while magazines Famitsu and Jump can be viewed for fun. You even have the option of wearing a t-shirt with the Axe body wash logo on it.
It's way too much marketing for Metal Gear and Konami needs to take a step back to think about its heavy-handed approach.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light