Settlers 7 still plagued by DRM
With nearly two weeks having passed since the game's release, The Settlers 7 is still suffering major technical problems due to a restrictive DRM that requires a constant connection to authentication servers.
Eurogamer contacted Ubisoft for comment on the matter, to which the publisher replied that work on a solution is still underway.
"Our technical teams have made progress but we are not yet able to say that the issue is completely resolved."
The lack of firm details regarding a solution is worrisome, if only because Ubisoft has been hammered with complaints for the last two weeks. Moreover, a similar DRM was used in the PC versions of Assassin's Creed II and Silent Hunter 5.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine