Settlers 7 still plagued by DRM
With nearly two weeks having passed since the game's release, The Settlers 7 is still suffering major technical problems due to a restrictive DRM that requires a constant connection to authentication servers.
Eurogamer contacted Ubisoft for comment on the matter, to which the publisher replied that work on a solution is still underway.
"Our technical teams have made progress but we are not yet able to say that the issue is completely resolved."
The lack of firm details regarding a solution is worrisome, if only because Ubisoft has been hammered with complaints for the last two weeks. Moreover, a similar DRM was used in the PC versions of Assassin's Creed II and Silent Hunter 5.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III