Wii tops console cash haul
A majority of game revenues are generated by Nintendo's Wii, beating Xbox 360 and nearly doubling the cash taken in by Sony with its PS3.
Gamasutra has summarised an incredibly detailed report from firm Ibis Capital that reports a staggering 47% of revenue from 2009's $30 billion console game sales is generated by Wii sales alone.
That's significantly higher than the 35% captured by Xbox 360 and well over twice the 18% held by PS3.
Ibis anticipates minor shifts in these percentages in 2010, particularly in light of its 40 billion USD revenue forecast - a huge increase from 2009. In short, they predict you're going to spend more money on console games this year than last.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent