Wii tops console cash haul
A majority of game revenues are generated by Nintendo's Wii, beating Xbox 360 and nearly doubling the cash taken in by Sony with its PS3.
Gamasutra has summarised an incredibly detailed report from firm Ibis Capital that reports a staggering 47% of revenue from 2009's $30 billion console game sales is generated by Wii sales alone.
That's significantly higher than the 35% captured by Xbox 360 and well over twice the 18% held by PS3.
Ibis anticipates minor shifts in these percentages in 2010, particularly in light of its 40 billion USD revenue forecast - a huge increase from 2009. In short, they predict you're going to spend more money on console games this year than last.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release