Gears of War movie scaled back
Replicating the fate of so many other movies based on video game franchises, the silver screen adaptation of Gears of War has been scaled back from the initial lofty ambitions of motion picture studio New Line Cinema.
The LA Times has word on the production company pulling back on the movie, slashing the budget and reassigning crew members to different projects.
Director Len Wiseman has reportedly shift attention to a different film and the original script has been put aside. New Line wants to bring in a new writer to pen a simpler story, but one hasn't been selected.
While the film isn't completely cancelled, these delays effectively amount to that. Much in the way delays and indecision resulted in the cancellation of the Halo movie, it could be the same for Gears of War.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto