Gears of War movie scaled back
Replicating the fate of so many other movies based on video game franchises, the silver screen adaptation of Gears of War has been scaled back from the initial lofty ambitions of motion picture studio New Line Cinema.
The LA Times has word on the production company pulling back on the movie, slashing the budget and reassigning crew members to different projects.
Director Len Wiseman has reportedly shift attention to a different film and the original script has been put aside. New Line wants to bring in a new writer to pen a simpler story, but one hasn't been selected.
While the film isn't completely cancelled, these delays effectively amount to that. Much in the way delays and indecision resulted in the cancellation of the Halo movie, it could be the same for Gears of War.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015