Gears of War movie scaled back
Replicating the fate of so many other movies based on video game franchises, the silver screen adaptation of Gears of War has been scaled back from the initial lofty ambitions of motion picture studio New Line Cinema.
The LA Times has word on the production company pulling back on the movie, slashing the budget and reassigning crew members to different projects.
Director Len Wiseman has reportedly shift attention to a different film and the original script has been put aside. New Line wants to bring in a new writer to pen a simpler story, but one hasn't been selected.
While the film isn't completely cancelled, these delays effectively amount to that. Much in the way delays and indecision resulted in the cancellation of the Halo movie, it could be the same for Gears of War.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone