Gears of War movie scaled back
Replicating the fate of so many other movies based on video game franchises, the silver screen adaptation of Gears of War has been scaled back from the initial lofty ambitions of motion picture studio New Line Cinema.
The LA Times has word on the production company pulling back on the movie, slashing the budget and reassigning crew members to different projects.
Director Len Wiseman has reportedly shift attention to a different film and the original script has been put aside. New Line wants to bring in a new writer to pen a simpler story, but one hasn't been selected.
While the film isn't completely cancelled, these delays effectively amount to that. Much in the way delays and indecision resulted in the cancellation of the Halo movie, it could be the same for Gears of War.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer