Gears of War movie scaled back
Replicating the fate of so many other movies based on video game franchises, the silver screen adaptation of Gears of War has been scaled back from the initial lofty ambitions of motion picture studio New Line Cinema.
The LA Times has word on the production company pulling back on the movie, slashing the budget and reassigning crew members to different projects.
Director Len Wiseman has reportedly shift attention to a different film and the original script has been put aside. New Line wants to bring in a new writer to pen a simpler story, but one hasn't been selected.
While the film isn't completely cancelled, these delays effectively amount to that. Much in the way delays and indecision resulted in the cancellation of the Halo movie, it could be the same for Gears of War.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny