Hardcore gamers not big on motion control
According to Sony, hardcore gamers aren't interested in motion controls.
SCEA's head of marketing, Peter Dille, told the Financial Times at the MI6 conference how Sony plans to market the Move controller, and hardcore gamers are at the periphery of their strategy.
Dille said: "Hardcore gamers have looked down their nose at motion gaming: it's not particularly satisfying for them because it's not terribly precise or challenging, it's more social."
"So we'll have games that the whole family can play that are very social," Dille continues. "But we'll also be able to do hard-core gamer games via a motion device that has never been done before. It's too early to say what the killer app or signature game is but we'll continue through the spring and late summer before we make a decision on which game is the poster child or the best one to move the Move."
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today