Hardcore gamers not big on motion control
According to Sony, hardcore gamers aren't interested in motion controls.
SCEA's head of marketing, Peter Dille, told the Financial Times at the MI6 conference how Sony plans to market the Move controller, and hardcore gamers are at the periphery of their strategy.
Dille said: "Hardcore gamers have looked down their nose at motion gaming: it's not particularly satisfying for them because it's not terribly precise or challenging, it's more social."
"So we'll have games that the whole family can play that are very social," Dille continues. "But we'll also be able to do hard-core gamer games via a motion device that has never been done before. It's too early to say what the killer app or signature game is but we'll continue through the spring and late summer before we make a decision on which game is the poster child or the best one to move the Move."
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey