DNF could have been completed yesterday
Jokes abound, word on the block has it that Duke Nukem Forever could have officially gone gold yesterday - had the troubled shooter remained in development beyond 3D Realms' near-collapse last year.
According to Take-Two producer Jason Bergman April 1st was originally the date when the developer were planning to announce the game's 'gold' status.
"MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE: by the 3DR/TTWO development schedule, April 1st, 2010 was supposed to be the day Duke Nukem Forever went gold," Bergman told Twitter.
"Totally intentional. It was going to be hilarious."
The producer believes the game would have made the date, too, but who of course now knows.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny