DNF could have been completed yesterday
Jokes abound, word on the block has it that Duke Nukem Forever could have officially gone gold yesterday - had the troubled shooter remained in development beyond 3D Realms' near-collapse last year.
According to Take-Two producer Jason Bergman April 1st was originally the date when the developer were planning to announce the game's 'gold' status.
"MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE: by the 3DR/TTWO development schedule, April 1st, 2010 was supposed to be the day Duke Nukem Forever went gold," Bergman told Twitter.
"Totally intentional. It was going to be hilarious."
The producer believes the game would have made the date, too, but who of course now knows.
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition