DNF could have been completed yesterday
Jokes abound, word on the block has it that Duke Nukem Forever could have officially gone gold yesterday - had the troubled shooter remained in development beyond 3D Realms' near-collapse last year.
According to Take-Two producer Jason Bergman April 1st was originally the date when the developer were planning to announce the game's 'gold' status.
"MOMENT OF SILENCE PLEASE: by the 3DR/TTWO development schedule, April 1st, 2010 was supposed to be the day Duke Nukem Forever went gold," Bergman told Twitter.
"Totally intentional. It was going to be hilarious."
The producer believes the game would have made the date, too, but who of course now knows.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access