iPad: GPS and 3G internet combo has potential
Telltale Games' Dave Grossman has been making some interesting observations on the technology incorporated into the iPad.
Speaking to GamesTM magazine, Grossman seemed very excited about the possibilities for combining the GPS and 3G capabilities of the iPad.
"The things I find most interesting about [the iPad] are the features it shares with the iPhone," said Grossman. "They're portable things with GPS and internet connectivity and it seems that there's untapped potential for cooperative geographical escapades. How many video games are there currently where you must adjust your physical location relative to the other players as part of the experience?"
Grossman was also excited about the interface being perfect for many of the titles that Telltale have already produced. Expect to see Sam and Max and Guybrush Threepwood making an appearance on the iPad at some point.
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell