War of Legends comes out of beta
Jagex's first foray into publishing, War of Legends, has successfully navigated the beta-testing phase and is now ready for action.
Without mentioning any exact numbers, the Runescape studio has been peasantly surprised at the number of players that have been signing up to play War of Legends.
Rob Smith, COO at Jagex Games Studio, elaborates: "We have been overwhelmed by the popularity of the War of Legends beta and we are extremely grateful to the fantastic community of beta testers who have made the game such a triumph."
He continues: "We have seen hundreds of thousands of players joining the game during the beta phase and we are delighted to see the community growing so quickly. With such a rich backstory, depth of content and unbeatable community support we are certain that War of Legends will continue to entice players to join the battle."
Just in case you're out of the loop, War of Legends is a browser-based free-to-play MMO RTS game in an ancient Chinese mythological setting. You can sign up for battle at the War of Legends website.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes