War of Legends comes out of beta
Jagex's first foray into publishing, War of Legends, has successfully navigated the beta-testing phase and is now ready for action.
Without mentioning any exact numbers, the Runescape studio has been peasantly surprised at the number of players that have been signing up to play War of Legends.
Rob Smith, COO at Jagex Games Studio, elaborates: "We have been overwhelmed by the popularity of the War of Legends beta and we are extremely grateful to the fantastic community of beta testers who have made the game such a triumph."
He continues: "We have seen hundreds of thousands of players joining the game during the beta phase and we are delighted to see the community growing so quickly. With such a rich backstory, depth of content and unbeatable community support we are certain that War of Legends will continue to entice players to join the battle."
Just in case you're out of the loop, War of Legends is a browser-based free-to-play MMO RTS game in an ancient Chinese mythological setting. You can sign up for battle at the War of Legends website.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released