Avalanche promise more Just Cause
Avalanche chief Christofer Sundberg has been talking of Rico Rodriguez' future in the wake of the success of Just Cause 2.
Sundberg spoke to Develop about the game's success and what that means for the series.
He said: "I think there are a lot of connections with [Avalanche and] the IP and so we hope there's still a future in it, and that future to live as long as us."
"We are absolutely interested in working with the Just Cause IP again," Sundberg added.
In fact Sundberg believes that nobody could do it better. "The studio lives and breathes the Just Cause franchise, and handing that over to another developer would spoil it. No one has the attachment to this IP as we do," he concluded.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3