Crytek: Scaling for consoles was a problem
Unexpectedly, Crytek's Cervat Yerli has confessed that they had a couple of issues in getting CryEngine 3 working with the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Yerli told an interviewer from Danish magazine Game Reactor of the problems that the developer experienced bringing its demanding technology to the home console market.
Yerli said: "The big challenge during the development of CryENGINE3 has been scaling the engine whilst maintaining the visual quality and performance. This is always challenging; problems occurred of course, but we're really proud that our teams have managed to solve them as we proved in line with several engine presentations and will prove with Crysis 2."
Hopefully the PS3 and 360 will be up to the task of running Crysis 2 when it releases at the end of the year.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III