Crytek: Scaling for consoles was a problem
Unexpectedly, Crytek's Cervat Yerli has confessed that they had a couple of issues in getting CryEngine 3 working with the PS3 and Xbox 360.
Yerli told an interviewer from Danish magazine Game Reactor of the problems that the developer experienced bringing its demanding technology to the home console market.
Yerli said: "The big challenge during the development of CryENGINE3 has been scaling the engine whilst maintaining the visual quality and performance. This is always challenging; problems occurred of course, but we're really proud that our teams have managed to solve them as we proved in line with several engine presentations and will prove with Crysis 2."
Hopefully the PS3 and 360 will be up to the task of running Crysis 2 when it releases at the end of the year.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light