Sony cut Linux support on PS3
Sony has outlined what will feature in the next Firmware update for the PS3, Firmware 3.21.
The platform holder have decided to nix the support for installing another OS onto the PS3 over security concerns.
Sony's Patrick Seybold stresses that update 3.21 is optional but choosing not to install the update will have consequences.
For those who want to keep the option of installing another OS, not installing update 3.21 will render them unable to log in to PSN, to play Blu-Ray movies requiring firmware version 3.21 or later - or protected videos that have been downloaded - as well as losing out on any other features from updates 3.21 and later.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light