Sony cut Linux support on PS3
Sony has outlined what will feature in the next Firmware update for the PS3, Firmware 3.21.
The platform holder have decided to nix the support for installing another OS onto the PS3 over security concerns.
Sony's Patrick Seybold stresses that update 3.21 is optional but choosing not to install the update will have consequences.
For those who want to keep the option of installing another OS, not installing update 3.21 will render them unable to log in to PSN, to play Blu-Ray movies requiring firmware version 3.21 or later - or protected videos that have been downloaded - as well as losing out on any other features from updates 3.21 and later.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO