Sony cut Linux support on PS3
Sony has outlined what will feature in the next Firmware update for the PS3, Firmware 3.21.
The platform holder have decided to nix the support for installing another OS onto the PS3 over security concerns.
Sony's Patrick Seybold stresses that update 3.21 is optional but choosing not to install the update will have consequences.
For those who want to keep the option of installing another OS, not installing update 3.21 will render them unable to log in to PSN, to play Blu-Ray movies requiring firmware version 3.21 or later - or protected videos that have been downloaded - as well as losing out on any other features from updates 3.21 and later.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access