Miyamoto honoured by Move and Natal
Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he is 'honoured' that both Sony and Microsoft are embracing motion control with their new hardware. Motion control was of course pioneered by the Wii console.
"Nintendo should welcome the opportunity, when or where something we have originally tried is intensified by somebody else, because that means that other people are trying to starting to show their appreciation for whatever endeavour we have made in the beginning," Miyamoto told CVG.
"The user experience we have created is going to be intensified by the advent of new machines from other companies. It's a new experience that we originated. So we really see it as a great honour."
The big cheese is adamant that Nintendo's own hardware will be able to compete with the new technology, which is expected out this autumn in both cases.
- BioWare's David Gaider moves from Dragon Age to a new secret BioWare project
- Cross-Buy coming to Windows 10 and Xbox One staring with Zen Pinball FX2
- Bungie knew about Destiny's loot cave before launch
- This year's BAFTA Games Awards to stream live on Twitch, watch it here
- Harmonix confirms Rock Band 4 coming to next-gen consoles this year
- Wasteland 2 also coming to the PS4
- Block 'N' Load gets a final launch date
- Elite: Dangerous is a timed exclusive on the Xbox One, PS4 version is coming too
- Phil Harrison rumoured to be leaving Microsoft