Miyamoto honoured by Move and Natal
Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he is 'honoured' that both Sony and Microsoft are embracing motion control with their new hardware. Motion control was of course pioneered by the Wii console.
"Nintendo should welcome the opportunity, when or where something we have originally tried is intensified by somebody else, because that means that other people are trying to starting to show their appreciation for whatever endeavour we have made in the beginning," Miyamoto told CVG.
"The user experience we have created is going to be intensified by the advent of new machines from other companies. It's a new experience that we originated. So we really see it as a great honour."
The big cheese is adamant that Nintendo's own hardware will be able to compete with the new technology, which is expected out this autumn in both cases.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO