Miyamoto honoured by Move and Natal
Shigeru Miyamoto has said that he is 'honoured' that both Sony and Microsoft are embracing motion control with their new hardware. Motion control was of course pioneered by the Wii console.
"Nintendo should welcome the opportunity, when or where something we have originally tried is intensified by somebody else, because that means that other people are trying to starting to show their appreciation for whatever endeavour we have made in the beginning," Miyamoto told CVG.
"The user experience we have created is going to be intensified by the advent of new machines from other companies. It's a new experience that we originated. So we really see it as a great honour."
The big cheese is adamant that Nintendo's own hardware will be able to compete with the new technology, which is expected out this autumn in both cases.
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful
- Sony investigating issues resulting from the release of PS4 firmware 2.0
- New trailer makes Final Fantasy Type-0 HD look like the darkest Final Fantasy game yet
- Screenshot on the PlayStation Blog points to an Uncharted re-release on PS4
- EA gives a release window for Star Wars: Battlefront
- Activision announces details and a release date for Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below