Three new Kingdom Hearts games en route?
Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura has been teasing Japanese fans wholesale about his plans for the series.
In an interview which features in the newly released 656-page limited edition strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Nomura hints at as many as three more titles in the series coming out in the next two years.
Nomura said: "About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I'll release one within this year."
He continued: "As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters."
He was also quite emphatic about the main storyline not being a trilogy. Nomura added: "The series won't end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny