Three new Kingdom Hearts games en route?
Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura has been teasing Japanese fans wholesale about his plans for the series.
In an interview which features in the newly released 656-page limited edition strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Nomura hints at as many as three more titles in the series coming out in the next two years.
Nomura said: "About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I'll release one within this year."
He continued: "As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters."
He was also quite emphatic about the main storyline not being a trilogy. Nomura added: "The series won't end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3