Three new Kingdom Hearts games en route?
Kingdom Hearts creator Tetsuya Nomura has been teasing Japanese fans wholesale about his plans for the series.
In an interview which features in the newly released 656-page limited edition strategy guide for Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, Nomura hints at as many as three more titles in the series coming out in the next two years.
Nomura said: "About the next title, Kingdom Hearts 3 depends on Final Fantasy XIII Versus, but development of the next title is already underway. There are two titles other than Kingdom Hearts 3 in conception, and I think I'll release one within this year."
He continued: "As from next year, I want to put out a title with multiple main characters."
He was also quite emphatic about the main storyline not being a trilogy. Nomura added: "The series won't end in Kingdom Hearts 3, more like the conclusion of the Xehanort saga."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One