Doom II still possible for Xbox Live
Despite a lack of recent news of the game coming to Xbox 360, Bethesda insists that a port of classic shooter Doom II is still a possibility.
Destructoid spoke with vice president of public relations and marketing Pete Hines would explained that a release for the game is still planned.
"Its still in the cards. Just cant give you a date just yet when it will be out."
Developer id Software has been hard at work on a number of projects including original racer-slash-shooter Rage and a couple of iPhone and iPod touch games, all of which may have delayed the Doom II re-release. From the sound of it, though, a release will happen this year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer