Doom II still possible for Xbox Live
Despite a lack of recent news of the game coming to Xbox 360, Bethesda insists that a port of classic shooter Doom II is still a possibility.
Destructoid spoke with vice president of public relations and marketing Pete Hines would explained that a release for the game is still planned.
"Its still in the cards. Just cant give you a date just yet when it will be out."
Developer id Software has been hard at work on a number of projects including original racer-slash-shooter Rage and a couple of iPhone and iPod touch games, all of which may have delayed the Doom II re-release. From the sound of it, though, a release will happen this year.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side