Doom II still possible for Xbox Live
Despite a lack of recent news of the game coming to Xbox 360, Bethesda insists that a port of classic shooter Doom II is still a possibility.
Destructoid spoke with vice president of public relations and marketing Pete Hines would explained that a release for the game is still planned.
"Its still in the cards. Just cant give you a date just yet when it will be out."
Developer id Software has been hard at work on a number of projects including original racer-slash-shooter Rage and a couple of iPhone and iPod touch games, all of which may have delayed the Doom II re-release. From the sound of it, though, a release will happen this year.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3