Square Enix mulling FFVII remake
Square Enix is beginning to cave to unyielding demands from fans of Final Fantasy VII for a remake of the immensely popular original PlayStation role-playing game.
Speaking with Siliconera, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada admitted that he is willing to look into the possibility of remaking Final Fantasy VII.
"Were going to explore the possibility--whether or not were going to do it, if were going to do it, and the platform."
Obviously that's far from a confirmation, but it's a step forward from the company's previous statements denying any interest in revisiting the game. Shout loud enough and persist, fans, and you may just get what you want.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3