Square Enix mulling FFVII remake
Square Enix is beginning to cave to unyielding demands from fans of Final Fantasy VII for a remake of the immensely popular original PlayStation role-playing game.
Speaking with Siliconera, Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada admitted that he is willing to look into the possibility of remaking Final Fantasy VII.
"Were going to explore the possibility--whether or not were going to do it, if were going to do it, and the platform."
Obviously that's far from a confirmation, but it's a step forward from the company's previous statements denying any interest in revisiting the game. Shout loud enough and persist, fans, and you may just get what you want.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny