Sagat dialled back for SSFIV
Super Street Fighter IV will have some of the series' overpowered characters toned down to make for more balanced gameplay.
The game's producer Yoshinori Ono has told Gamespot of the changes that SSFIV will see over Street Fighter IV.
On the subject of Sagat being overpowered, Ono said: "Although everyone talks about Sagat being too strong, I don't know any major tournament champion who uses Sagat. But I do admit the unique elements of characters are exploited at mid-level matches, and this has been readjusted in SSFIV."
"We have carried out tuning for all characters," he continued. "It has been a year and a half since the arcade release and almost a year since the console release. In this time span an unbelievable amount of research and study has been done on characters and tactics."
Ono finished very positively: "We are very surprised to the extensiveness of this, and many things we were not expecting were discovered as a result. However, for SSFIV I don't think anyone is too strong or too weak."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer