Sagat dialled back for SSFIV
Super Street Fighter IV will have some of the series' overpowered characters toned down to make for more balanced gameplay.
The game's producer Yoshinori Ono has told Gamespot of the changes that SSFIV will see over Street Fighter IV.
On the subject of Sagat being overpowered, Ono said: "Although everyone talks about Sagat being too strong, I don't know any major tournament champion who uses Sagat. But I do admit the unique elements of characters are exploited at mid-level matches, and this has been readjusted in SSFIV."
"We have carried out tuning for all characters," he continued. "It has been a year and a half since the arcade release and almost a year since the console release. In this time span an unbelievable amount of research and study has been done on characters and tactics."
Ono finished very positively: "We are very surprised to the extensiveness of this, and many things we were not expecting were discovered as a result. However, for SSFIV I don't think anyone is too strong or too weak."
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed