God of War III takes top spot in UK
With sales numbers more than twice that of God of War II following its release, the high-definition sequel is proving that the PS3 audience is hungry for games.
Despite a smaller number of PS3 owners, God of War III managed two and a half times the sales. That points to the average PS3 gamer willing to purchase more games than was the case on PS2.
Further supporting that point is the fact that God of War III is the second PS3 game to reach the top sales spot this year in the UK. Heavy Rain also topped out at number one last month.
ELSPA GfK Chart-Track does make note that these impressive initial sales figures do not trump the continued strong sales of Final Fantasy XIII on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit