God of War III takes top spot in UK
With sales numbers more than twice that of God of War II following its release, the high-definition sequel is proving that the PS3 audience is hungry for games.
Despite a smaller number of PS3 owners, God of War III managed two and a half times the sales. That points to the average PS3 gamer willing to purchase more games than was the case on PS2.
Further supporting that point is the fact that God of War III is the second PS3 game to reach the top sales spot this year in the UK. Heavy Rain also topped out at number one last month.
ELSPA GfK Chart-Track does make note that these impressive initial sales figures do not trump the continued strong sales of Final Fantasy XIII on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year