God of War III takes top spot in UK
With sales numbers more than twice that of God of War II following its release, the high-definition sequel is proving that the PS3 audience is hungry for games.
Despite a smaller number of PS3 owners, God of War III managed two and a half times the sales. That points to the average PS3 gamer willing to purchase more games than was the case on PS2.
Further supporting that point is the fact that God of War III is the second PS3 game to reach the top sales spot this year in the UK. Heavy Rain also topped out at number one last month.
ELSPA GfK Chart-Track does make note that these impressive initial sales figures do not trump the continued strong sales of Final Fantasy XIII on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan