God of War III takes top spot in UK
With sales numbers more than twice that of God of War II following its release, the high-definition sequel is proving that the PS3 audience is hungry for games.
Despite a smaller number of PS3 owners, God of War III managed two and a half times the sales. That points to the average PS3 gamer willing to purchase more games than was the case on PS2.
Further supporting that point is the fact that God of War III is the second PS3 game to reach the top sales spot this year in the UK. Heavy Rain also topped out at number one last month.
ELSPA GfK Chart-Track does make note that these impressive initial sales figures do not trump the continued strong sales of Final Fantasy XIII on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine