God of War III takes top spot in UK
With sales numbers more than twice that of God of War II following its release, the high-definition sequel is proving that the PS3 audience is hungry for games.
Despite a smaller number of PS3 owners, God of War III managed two and a half times the sales. That points to the average PS3 gamer willing to purchase more games than was the case on PS2.
Further supporting that point is the fact that God of War III is the second PS3 game to reach the top sales spot this year in the UK. Heavy Rain also topped out at number one last month.
ELSPA GfK Chart-Track does make note that these impressive initial sales figures do not trump the continued strong sales of Final Fantasy XIII on both PS3 and Xbox 360.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year