Batman takes best game BAFTA
The annual videogame BAFTA awards were held last night at a glittering ceremony in London, Batman: Arkham Asylum taking home the best game gong.
Rocksteady's opus may have taken the award for best game, as well as 'gameplay', but Uncharted 2 took home the awards in four categories: Action game. Original score, Story and Use of audio.
Flower won for artistic achievement, with Left 4 Dead 2 the multiplayer winner, LittleBigPlanet best on a handheld.
Empire: Total War was the top dog in the strategy category, while Wii Sports Resort was top family game and FIFA 10 made best use of online.
Nintendo veteran Shigeru Miyamoto joined the Academy as a fellow, and the public vote (the GAME award) went to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. More BAFTA news as we get it.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release