Batman takes best game BAFTA
The annual videogame BAFTA awards were held last night at a glittering ceremony in London, Batman: Arkham Asylum taking home the best game gong.
Rocksteady's opus may have taken the award for best game, as well as 'gameplay', but Uncharted 2 took home the awards in four categories: Action game. Original score, Story and Use of audio.
Flower won for artistic achievement, with Left 4 Dead 2 the multiplayer winner, LittleBigPlanet best on a handheld.
Empire: Total War was the top dog in the strategy category, while Wii Sports Resort was top family game and FIFA 10 made best use of online.
Nintendo veteran Shigeru Miyamoto joined the Academy as a fellow, and the public vote (the GAME award) went to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. More BAFTA news as we get it.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone