Batman takes best game BAFTA
The annual videogame BAFTA awards were held last night at a glittering ceremony in London, Batman: Arkham Asylum taking home the best game gong.
Rocksteady's opus may have taken the award for best game, as well as 'gameplay', but Uncharted 2 took home the awards in four categories: Action game. Original score, Story and Use of audio.
Flower won for artistic achievement, with Left 4 Dead 2 the multiplayer winner, LittleBigPlanet best on a handheld.
Empire: Total War was the top dog in the strategy category, while Wii Sports Resort was top family game and FIFA 10 made best use of online.
Nintendo veteran Shigeru Miyamoto joined the Academy as a fellow, and the public vote (the GAME award) went to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. More BAFTA news as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto