Why the PS3 motion controller is called Move
Sony have been waxing lyrical this week on why their new PS3 motion controller - due this autumn - is to be called 'Move', rather than Arc, Gem or any of the other speculated titles.
"It's great - everyone's so interested in how our company names products. It's like at any other company, everyone dumps in their ideas and you've got agencies out there coming up with names," VP Scott Rohde tells IndustryGamers.
"At the end of the day, we really felt that Move conveyed what the controller is all about. It's a word that the smallest kid understands, and it's a really good name. I'm happy with it."
Rumour on the grapevine has it Microsoft might in fact control the name 'Arc'.
- Merry Christmas from Play.tm!
- Microsoft offering some excellent Games With Gold in January
- New Battlefield: Hardline Karma trailer arrives
- Mystery Of The Mooil Rig DLC arrives for Sunset Overdrive
- Destiny registered users approaching 13 million
- STALKER devs GSC Gameworld reopens its doors
- Free game reward for Assassin's Creed: Unity users requires them to reliquish their right to sue Ubisoft
- Respawn wishes Titanfall had been released on Steam
- Team Junkfish's procedural survival horror Monstrum to return to Steam Early Access