Why the PS3 motion controller is called Move
Sony have been waxing lyrical this week on why their new PS3 motion controller - due this autumn - is to be called 'Move', rather than Arc, Gem or any of the other speculated titles.
"It's great - everyone's so interested in how our company names products. It's like at any other company, everyone dumps in their ideas and you've got agencies out there coming up with names," VP Scott Rohde tells IndustryGamers.
"At the end of the day, we really felt that Move conveyed what the controller is all about. It's a word that the smallest kid understands, and it's a really good name. I'm happy with it."
Rumour on the grapevine has it Microsoft might in fact control the name 'Arc'.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer