Why the PS3 motion controller is called Move
Sony have been waxing lyrical this week on why their new PS3 motion controller - due this autumn - is to be called 'Move', rather than Arc, Gem or any of the other speculated titles.
"It's great - everyone's so interested in how our company names products. It's like at any other company, everyone dumps in their ideas and you've got agencies out there coming up with names," VP Scott Rohde tells IndustryGamers.
"At the end of the day, we really felt that Move conveyed what the controller is all about. It's a word that the smallest kid understands, and it's a really good name. I'm happy with it."
Rumour on the grapevine has it Microsoft might in fact control the name 'Arc'.
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced