Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy
Blockbuster has admitted that they are in severe financial difficulty.
Increasing competition from online rental and streaming services like Love Film and Netflix have forced the US company to admit there is "substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern".
According to MCV Blockbuster are even having trouble securing DVD stock from the major Hollywood studios due to rising debt.
Blockbuster has stated: "Our level of indebtedness may make it more difficult for us to pay our debts as they become due and more necessary for us to divert our cash flow from operations to debt service payments."
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side