Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy
Blockbuster has admitted that they are in severe financial difficulty.
Increasing competition from online rental and streaming services like Love Film and Netflix have forced the US company to admit there is "substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern".
According to MCV Blockbuster are even having trouble securing DVD stock from the major Hollywood studios due to rising debt.
Blockbuster has stated: "Our level of indebtedness may make it more difficult for us to pay our debts as they become due and more necessary for us to divert our cash flow from operations to debt service payments."
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released
- Diversity and gay romance didn't hurt sales says BioWare's David Gaider
- Microsoft accidentally leaks a “placeholder” release date for Halo: ODST remaster
- Shipment of copies of Splatoon robbed en-route to the UK
- Mortal Kombat X not coming to PS3 and Xbox 360 in June
- Spiders' The Technomancer to debut at E3
- Dirty Bomb open beta is coming next month
- Ubisoft now emailing players to encourage them to finish their games
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell