Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy
Blockbuster has admitted that they are in severe financial difficulty.
Increasing competition from online rental and streaming services like Love Film and Netflix have forced the US company to admit there is "substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern".
According to MCV Blockbuster are even having trouble securing DVD stock from the major Hollywood studios due to rising debt.
Blockbuster has stated: "Our level of indebtedness may make it more difficult for us to pay our debts as they become due and more necessary for us to divert our cash flow from operations to debt service payments."
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto