Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy
Blockbuster has admitted that they are in severe financial difficulty.
Increasing competition from online rental and streaming services like Love Film and Netflix have forced the US company to admit there is "substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern".
According to MCV Blockbuster are even having trouble securing DVD stock from the major Hollywood studios due to rising debt.
Blockbuster has stated: "Our level of indebtedness may make it more difficult for us to pay our debts as they become due and more necessary for us to divert our cash flow from operations to debt service payments."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One