Blockbuster on the edge of bankruptcy
Blockbuster has admitted that they are in severe financial difficulty.
Increasing competition from online rental and streaming services like Love Film and Netflix have forced the US company to admit there is "substantial doubt about our ability to continue as a going concern".
According to MCV Blockbuster are even having trouble securing DVD stock from the major Hollywood studios due to rising debt.
Blockbuster has stated: "Our level of indebtedness may make it more difficult for us to pay our debts as they become due and more necessary for us to divert our cash flow from operations to debt service payments."
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3