Sega jumps the gun with Yakuza 5
With Yakuza 4 yet to be released - the game appears on shelves later this week - Sega is already teasing a follow up without waiting to see how the game sells.
Andriasang interpreted a story posted by Famitsu that describes vague references to a Yakuza sequel issued by Sega.
Entitled "Project K," the game apparently continues the story of Yakuza's protagonist. The end of the teaser trailer shown by Sega quips, "A new challenge for Ryu ga Gotoku starts."
While it's admirable that Sega is supporting the series, perhaps it would be prudent to wait and see how Yakuza 4 performs before committing to a big sequel.
A similar situation has been noted with another Sega game, Alpha Protocol, in which developer Obsidian Entertainment claimed interest in a sequel ahead of the game's summer release.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto