Sega jumps the gun with Yakuza 5
With Yakuza 4 yet to be released - the game appears on shelves later this week - Sega is already teasing a follow up without waiting to see how the game sells.
Andriasang interpreted a story posted by Famitsu that describes vague references to a Yakuza sequel issued by Sega.
Entitled "Project K," the game apparently continues the story of Yakuza's protagonist. The end of the teaser trailer shown by Sega quips, "A new challenge for Ryu ga Gotoku starts."
While it's admirable that Sega is supporting the series, perhaps it would be prudent to wait and see how Yakuza 4 performs before committing to a big sequel.
A similar situation has been noted with another Sega game, Alpha Protocol, in which developer Obsidian Entertainment claimed interest in a sequel ahead of the game's summer release.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III