PS3 shortage hurts God of War III
Just as copies of God of War III go on sale in the US, Sony is falling victim to a shortage of PS3 consoles that are likely to impact overall sales of the mammoth action game.
The LA Times writes about the dwindling PS3 stock and its potential impact on God of War III sales. For some, the game presents a reason for purchasing a PS3; however, without the console in stock, such sales could be lost.
Sony Computer Entertainment America President Jack Tretton told the newspaper, "It's not ideal, I won't kid you. But I firmly believe we'll get our hardware back in stock and keep selling God of War III for a long time."
God of War III is now available for PS3 in the US, with a UK release slated for Friday.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter