PS3 shortage hurts God of War III
Just as copies of God of War III go on sale in the US, Sony is falling victim to a shortage of PS3 consoles that are likely to impact overall sales of the mammoth action game.
The LA Times writes about the dwindling PS3 stock and its potential impact on God of War III sales. For some, the game presents a reason for purchasing a PS3; however, without the console in stock, such sales could be lost.
Sony Computer Entertainment America President Jack Tretton told the newspaper, "It's not ideal, I won't kid you. But I firmly believe we'll get our hardware back in stock and keep selling God of War III for a long time."
God of War III is now available for PS3 in the US, with a UK release slated for Friday.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan