PS3 shortage hurts God of War III
Just as copies of God of War III go on sale in the US, Sony is falling victim to a shortage of PS3 consoles that are likely to impact overall sales of the mammoth action game.
The LA Times writes about the dwindling PS3 stock and its potential impact on God of War III sales. For some, the game presents a reason for purchasing a PS3; however, without the console in stock, such sales could be lost.
Sony Computer Entertainment America President Jack Tretton told the newspaper, "It's not ideal, I won't kid you. But I firmly believe we'll get our hardware back in stock and keep selling God of War III for a long time."
God of War III is now available for PS3 in the US, with a UK release slated for Friday.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3