Nintendo no good at mature games
Wii has played host to a number of family-friendly games and that's because Nintendo admits to specialising in this type of content in lieu of the inability to create compelling mature games.
Don't take our word for it - Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime said as much in an interview with IndustryGamers. Specifically, Fils-Aime pointed to BioShock 2 as an example of the kind of games Nintendo isn't good at making.
And we also recognise that we don't create that type of content ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area"
While Metroid: Other M is being billed by Nintendo has a mature title, Fils-Aime's point underscores the difference between games like it and more elaborate hardcore titles such as BioShock 2 and Assassin's Creed II.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III