Nintendo no good at mature games
Wii has played host to a number of family-friendly games and that's because Nintendo admits to specialising in this type of content in lieu of the inability to create compelling mature games.
Don't take our word for it - Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime said as much in an interview with IndustryGamers. Specifically, Fils-Aime pointed to BioShock 2 as an example of the kind of games Nintendo isn't good at making.
And we also recognise that we don't create that type of content ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area"
While Metroid: Other M is being billed by Nintendo has a mature title, Fils-Aime's point underscores the difference between games like it and more elaborate hardcore titles such as BioShock 2 and Assassin's Creed II.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer