Nintendo no good at mature games
Wii has played host to a number of family-friendly games and that's because Nintendo admits to specialising in this type of content in lieu of the inability to create compelling mature games.
Don't take our word for it - Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime said as much in an interview with IndustryGamers. Specifically, Fils-Aime pointed to BioShock 2 as an example of the kind of games Nintendo isn't good at making.
And we also recognise that we don't create that type of content ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area"
While Metroid: Other M is being billed by Nintendo has a mature title, Fils-Aime's point underscores the difference between games like it and more elaborate hardcore titles such as BioShock 2 and Assassin's Creed II.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan