Nintendo no good at mature games
Wii has played host to a number of family-friendly games and that's because Nintendo admits to specialising in this type of content in lieu of the inability to create compelling mature games.
Don't take our word for it - Nintendo of America CEO Reggie Fils-Aime said as much in an interview with IndustryGamers. Specifically, Fils-Aime pointed to BioShock 2 as an example of the kind of games Nintendo isn't good at making.
And we also recognise that we don't create that type of content ourselves. We're not good at it and it's not a key focus area"
While Metroid: Other M is being billed by Nintendo has a mature title, Fils-Aime's point underscores the difference between games like it and more elaborate hardcore titles such as BioShock 2 and Assassin's Creed II.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi