Gears of War 3 rumoured for 2011
The third instalment of the immensely popular Gears of War series is a little more than a year away says a source speaking with Edge.
8 April 2001 is the rumoured release date for Gears of War 3, which will be an exclusive to Xbox 360. Microsoft is reportedly publishing the sequel, despite speculation that developer Epic Games is free to release the game on PS3 if it so wishes.
Apparently, the game could be pushed along for release this autumn, but Microsoft doesn't want to interfere with the launch of Project Natal and Halo: Reach.
Edge's source predicts a teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 to appear on April 8, with a big formal showing in June during E3.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan