Gears of War 3 rumoured for 2011
The third instalment of the immensely popular Gears of War series is a little more than a year away says a source speaking with Edge.
8 April 2001 is the rumoured release date for Gears of War 3, which will be an exclusive to Xbox 360. Microsoft is reportedly publishing the sequel, despite speculation that developer Epic Games is free to release the game on PS3 if it so wishes.
Apparently, the game could be pushed along for release this autumn, but Microsoft doesn't want to interfere with the launch of Project Natal and Halo: Reach.
Edge's source predicts a teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 to appear on April 8, with a big formal showing in June during E3.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016