Gears of War 3 rumoured for 2011
The third instalment of the immensely popular Gears of War series is a little more than a year away says a source speaking with Edge.
8 April 2001 is the rumoured release date for Gears of War 3, which will be an exclusive to Xbox 360. Microsoft is reportedly publishing the sequel, despite speculation that developer Epic Games is free to release the game on PS3 if it so wishes.
Apparently, the game could be pushed along for release this autumn, but Microsoft doesn't want to interfere with the launch of Project Natal and Halo: Reach.
Edge's source predicts a teaser trailer for Gears of War 3 to appear on April 8, with a big formal showing in June during E3.
- Paid Skyrim mods become the shortest experiment in Steam history
- Warner Bros announces Batman: Arkham Knight Season Pass and Premium Edition
- New Just Cause 3 gameplay trailer features all of the destruction
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward