Modern Warfare 2 DLC gets pricey
Not your average downloadable content - Activision is charging a premium for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package, taking advantage of a rabid fan base to ask for more than the usual DLC rate.
A surprising 1200 Microsoft Points (approximately 15 USD) is the price tag on the first DLC, which is a good 50% higher than the standard 800 points set for DLC in other games such as BioShock 2 and Halo 3.
When referencing the price in American dollars, each of the download's five maps 5 maps - a trio of new ones complemented by a pair of remakes - ring up at 3 USD apiece.
Will that stop fans from downloading? Of course not. When March 30 hits and the Stimulus Package is available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, expect huge sales.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave