Modern Warfare 2 DLC gets pricey
Not your average downloadable content - Activision is charging a premium for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package, taking advantage of a rabid fan base to ask for more than the usual DLC rate.
A surprising 1200 Microsoft Points (approximately 15 USD) is the price tag on the first DLC, which is a good 50% higher than the standard 800 points set for DLC in other games such as BioShock 2 and Halo 3.
When referencing the price in American dollars, each of the download's five maps 5 maps - a trio of new ones complemented by a pair of remakes - ring up at 3 USD apiece.
Will that stop fans from downloading? Of course not. When March 30 hits and the Stimulus Package is available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, expect huge sales.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3