Modern Warfare 2 DLC gets pricey
Not your average downloadable content - Activision is charging a premium for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package, taking advantage of a rabid fan base to ask for more than the usual DLC rate.
A surprising 1200 Microsoft Points (approximately 15 USD) is the price tag on the first DLC, which is a good 50% higher than the standard 800 points set for DLC in other games such as BioShock 2 and Halo 3.
When referencing the price in American dollars, each of the download's five maps 5 maps - a trio of new ones complemented by a pair of remakes - ring up at 3 USD apiece.
Will that stop fans from downloading? Of course not. When March 30 hits and the Stimulus Package is available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, expect huge sales.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One