Modern Warfare 2 DLC gets pricey
Not your average downloadable content - Activision is charging a premium for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package, taking advantage of a rabid fan base to ask for more than the usual DLC rate.
A surprising 1200 Microsoft Points (approximately 15 USD) is the price tag on the first DLC, which is a good 50% higher than the standard 800 points set for DLC in other games such as BioShock 2 and Halo 3.
When referencing the price in American dollars, each of the download's five maps 5 maps - a trio of new ones complemented by a pair of remakes - ring up at 3 USD apiece.
Will that stop fans from downloading? Of course not. When March 30 hits and the Stimulus Package is available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, expect huge sales.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching