Modern Warfare 2 DLC gets pricey
Not your average downloadable content - Activision is charging a premium for the upcoming Modern Warfare 2 Stimulus Package, taking advantage of a rabid fan base to ask for more than the usual DLC rate.
A surprising 1200 Microsoft Points (approximately 15 USD) is the price tag on the first DLC, which is a good 50% higher than the standard 800 points set for DLC in other games such as BioShock 2 and Halo 3.
When referencing the price in American dollars, each of the download's five maps 5 maps - a trio of new ones complemented by a pair of remakes - ring up at 3 USD apiece.
Will that stop fans from downloading? Of course not. When March 30 hits and the Stimulus Package is available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, expect huge sales.
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users
- Bungie releases the official Destiny launch gameplay trailer
- Codemasters releases a new Austria hotlap video for F1 2014
- Eden Hazard joins Lionel Messi on the cover of FIFA 15
- PS Vita getting a five-game Adventure Mega Pack hardware bundle
- Lords Of The Fallen has “a steep learning curve”
- PS4 trailer arrives for Dreamfall Chapters, and some screenshots too