Ensemble was too pricey for MS
Speaking at GDC, veteran game maker Paul Bettner has said that now closed Ensemble Studios was simply too expensive for Microsoft, and that the developer were struggling to hit deadlines.
"The reality is that every single game we shipped took twice as long as we said it was going to take, and cost twice as much to make. Microsoft is a public company, they answer to their shareholders, and we were simply too expensive," Bettner told Eurogamer.
The former executive adds that a 'workaholic' culture also contributed to the studio's demise. Halo Wars was Ensemble's swansong.
More as we get it.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May