Ensemble was too pricey for MS
Speaking at GDC, veteran game maker Paul Bettner has said that now closed Ensemble Studios was simply too expensive for Microsoft, and that the developer were struggling to hit deadlines.
"The reality is that every single game we shipped took twice as long as we said it was going to take, and cost twice as much to make. Microsoft is a public company, they answer to their shareholders, and we were simply too expensive," Bettner told Eurogamer.
The former executive adds that a 'workaholic' culture also contributed to the studio's demise. Halo Wars was Ensemble's swansong.
More as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3