Ensemble was too pricey for MS
Speaking at GDC, veteran game maker Paul Bettner has said that now closed Ensemble Studios was simply too expensive for Microsoft, and that the developer were struggling to hit deadlines.
"The reality is that every single game we shipped took twice as long as we said it was going to take, and cost twice as much to make. Microsoft is a public company, they answer to their shareholders, and we were simply too expensive," Bettner told Eurogamer.
The former executive adds that a 'workaholic' culture also contributed to the studio's demise. Halo Wars was Ensemble's swansong.
More as we get it.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey