Ensemble was too pricey for MS
Speaking at GDC, veteran game maker Paul Bettner has said that now closed Ensemble Studios was simply too expensive for Microsoft, and that the developer were struggling to hit deadlines.
"The reality is that every single game we shipped took twice as long as we said it was going to take, and cost twice as much to make. Microsoft is a public company, they answer to their shareholders, and we were simply too expensive," Bettner told Eurogamer.
The former executive adds that a 'workaholic' culture also contributed to the studio's demise. Halo Wars was Ensemble's swansong.
More as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light