Dragon Age sequel in Feb 2011
An insert slipped inside copies of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, the newly released retail expansion pack for BioWare's fantasy role-playing game, sets aside a date in February for the release of a new game in the series.
A post at 1UP has a snapshot of the insert, which hints at a full Dragon Age sequel to be released on 1 February 2011.
Although the insert doesn't specifically spell out the title to be release, the 02.01.2011 date listed parallels EA's promise to launch the next Dragon Age game in the first quarter of 2011.
Of course, teasing Dragon Age 2 won't stop a torrent of downloadable content. Disc-based expansion pack Awakening is joined by a slew of digital downloads intended to keep fans busy until early next year. Expect more on Dragon Age 2 during E3.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title