Dragon Age sequel in Feb 2011
An insert slipped inside copies of Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening, the newly released retail expansion pack for BioWare's fantasy role-playing game, sets aside a date in February for the release of a new game in the series.
A post at 1UP has a snapshot of the insert, which hints at a full Dragon Age sequel to be released on 1 February 2011.
Although the insert doesn't specifically spell out the title to be release, the 02.01.2011 date listed parallels EA's promise to launch the next Dragon Age game in the first quarter of 2011.
Of course, teasing Dragon Age 2 won't stop a torrent of downloadable content. Disc-based expansion pack Awakening is joined by a slew of digital downloads intended to keep fans busy until early next year. Expect more on Dragon Age 2 during E3.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May